Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Education Town Hall Meeting

I thank those of you who attended the first of my five town hall meetings on December 7. I shared an overview of the state of education in the 24th Ward, including our local school performance, major policies that are impacting the Schools and the finances for CPS and our local schools. We had guest experts who shared their insights on instances of juvenile arrests, balanced and restorative justice and the need to better coordinate public benefits and supportive services in the Schools. I also shared my education agenda. There was significant give and take, and we learned a lot from our audience members. Here are handouts from the meeting.

Agenda-Education Meeting

Nehemiah 2,1-4

Education Town Hall Meeting-2003

Education Platform

No comments:

Post a Comment